1991 Chevrolet Blazer K5 1500 4×4 with Convertible Top
Convertible Blazers are getting increasingly difficult to find, and nearly impossible to find in this original condition, but the current owner has had this one for over 28 years and it has been extremely well cared for the entire time.
Everything is operational (including the very cold A/C), and ready to drive anywhere. This vehicle has never been involved in an accident. You may never get a chance to own a Blazer like this again.
Technically this Blazer is a 1991 GMC Jimmy SLE that has been 100% correctly re-badged inside and out, (borrowing its twin brother’s good looks), using Chevrolet Blazer and Silverado badges (the factory Jimmy SLE trim package is the GMC equivalent of the to Blazer Silverado trim package).
1991 is the very last year that these legendary convertible top SUV’s were built, so GM gave this model year all of the goodies, including higher factory horsepower than any previous model year built. The original sticker price of this vehicle new was over $24,000!
This vehicle is still mostly original paint, but was lightly freshened up in 2019 to make it look near new again. That was the only time that the convertible top was ever removed. All seat upholstery, headliner and sun visors are all original and in near mint condition. There is some minor cracking of the factory dash pad, but the owner wanted to keep it original, and chose to leave it in place and cover it with an upholstery color matched dash pad cover, which looks great!
The new Cooper Tire 10-ply LT265/75R16 tires nicely wrap the16” Ultra brand wheels, and the spare tire uses the same matching wheel (although it has never touched the ground).
About the only factory option this vehicle didn’t come with is a tachometer, however a very nice aftermarket Supertach II tachometer has been installed. This Blazer has never had a lift installed, so it has retained its factory original stance, however, a lift may be an upgrade that the new owner may wish to do. The CB Radio and Police Scanner can be left installed, if desired.
Extra parts are being included that have been obtained over the years, including original GM parts gathered from a 1990 Suburban with the same exact interior and exterior colors and aftermarket parts. All side and rear glass is tinted, including the rear vent and slide windows, (a rare option) in the convertible top.
The factory build sheet is included, which shows a 1991 new price of $24,264.10, including over $10,000 of optional equipment upgrades!
Some of the build highlights include:
- 5.7 Liter (350 CID) Electronic Fuel Injection (EFI) Engine
- 700R4 4-Speed Automatic Transmission with Overdrive
- Four Wheel Drive (4×4) with Automatic Locking Hubs
- HUGE 31 Gallon Fuel Tank (can drive nearly anywhere on single tank of gas, and has a protective skid plate cover)
- Rear Wheel Anti-Lock Brakes
- Very Cold Original R12 A/C (Air Conditioning)
- Power Tailgate Window (works from both the dash button and key, and a spare window motor is included)
- Engine Oil Cooler
- Heavy Duty Radiator with integrated Transmission Oil Cooler
- 3.73 Gear Ratio
- Locking Differential (Positraction)
- Power Windows / Power Door Locks / Power Steering / Power Disk Brakes (Front)
- Quad Shock Suspension (Front)
- Shock Absorbing Steering Column
- Paint Colors: Mojave Beige / Sunset Gold
- Tow Hooks
- Stabilizer Bar (Front Anti-Sway Bar)
- Stainless Steel Exhaust (and still has the factory platinum bead catalytic converter)
- SuperChip Computer Chip Upgrade
- Flowmaster Muffler
- New Cooper Tire 10-ply LT265/75R16 tires
- Newer Battery
- JVC CD Player / Amplifier / Box Speakers
- Low beam headlights upgraded to remain on when high beams turned on for better lighting during night driving
- Tow Hitch
- Vintage style bug shield and diamond plated running boards
- Mud Flaps
- CB Radio / Police Scanner
Vehicle was originally sold in California. The Current owner who has owned it for more than 28 years drove the vehicle regularly during the first 15 years of ownership, but since then, it has only been minimally used, stored under a car cover in the garage, being driven only 300 – 1,200 miles per year, and only in good weather.
This Blazer has only ever been run on 98 octane fuel during the entire 28 years of current ownership. The transmission was replaced in the mid 1990’s and has never had an issue since, with the transmission fluid and filter having been changed every 10,000 miles. The odometer shows an actual 224,321 miles and the engine has never needed to be rebuilt as it has never been abused, (only adult driven), and the oil has always been changed at regular 3,000 mile intervals (air filter every 6,000 miles) during the years it was driven on a regular basis. During the last 10 years of minimal use, the engine oil has been changed every spring before being driven during the spring/summer months, even if there was only 300 miles on the engine oil. In addition, the fuel filter has been changed every 10,000 miles. All existing receipts and paperwork saved over the years are included.
More info: Click here to see original eBay auction and get more information (Affiliate link)
Seller's other items: powerlife_services
Location: Marble Falls, Arkansas, United States